We are currently looking for a driven and passionate Recruitment Manager to join our expanding Science and Technology recruitment consultancy based ou... View Job
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Planning Manager to join a leading life Sciences research organisation based in the Cambridgeshire ... View Job
Manufacturing Technical Director
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Manufacturing Technical Director to join a Global and fast growing Biotechnology company based in t... View Job
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an Operations Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Lanarkshire area.
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for responsible for establishing and maintaining operations of all site activities leading to the fulfilment of orders (chemistry, materials, quality) and provide leadership for the site by creating a team environment that is collaborative and focused on achieving established financial, continuous improvement and KPI goals. The Operations Manager will plan, and direct the layout of equipment, workflow, and work force utilization with Lean manufacturing principles while ensuring compliance with all applicable external regulatory standards.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Operations Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop and execute operational plans that will enhance productivity and profitability through the delivery of high standards of excellence in customer service, logistics, manufactured goods, supply chain management and business growth.
2. Enhance productivity and profitability through clear financial and continuous improvement goals and objectives utilizing Lean manufacturing principles and KPI trending and analysis.
3. Ensure that the procurement process is executed in an efficient manner.
4. Oversee the design and layout of the production facility to optimize efficiencies and meet business growth plans.
5. Create a team environment with strong communication and team building skills that provide positive reinforcement while holding the team mutually accountable to reach site and corporate goals and objectives.
6. Ensure the management of all facilities related work, coordinating contractors and external suppliers where required to ensure the maintenance of the working environment and site management.
Note: A full job specification can be provided upon application.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Operations Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Demonstrable leadership skills and management experience - significant experience in operational management, having managed a site or large team. Specifically, experience in site expansion and change management.
2. MSc or equivalent in a Chemistry or Life Sciences based discipline, plus experience working in a life sciences of chemistry focussed facility.
3. Experience of incorporating Lean principles or a Lean or Six Sigma certification is desirable. You will also require experience of procurement and facilities management.
Key Words: Operations Manager | Site Manager | Site Lead | Procurement | Facilities Management | Change Management | Site Expansion | Manufacturing | Chemistry | Leadership | Continuous Improvement | Lean 6 Sigma | Life Sciences
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.