J5630836North LanarkshirePharmaceutical CRO/CMO Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time29/01/2019Chemistry Chemistry – Organic Chemistry Operations Operations – Process Improvement Operations – Leadership Production Production – Management Production – Shift / Team Supervisor Management
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Technical Operations Manager We are currently looking for a Technical Operations Manager to join a leading company Pharmaceutical based in the Leicestershire. As the Technical Ope... View Job
QC Operations Manager Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a QC Operations Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Essex area. As the... View Job
Operational Cultural Excellence Lead We are currently looking for a Operational Cultural Excellence Lead to join an exciting biopharmaceutical company based in Wiltshire. As the Operation... View Job
Are you an experienced Operational Management professional looking for your next opportunity within the manufacturing sector?
We are currently looking for a Operations Manager to join a growing chemicals manufacturer based in the Lanarkshire area. As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining operations of all Bellshill activities leading to the fulfilment of orders and provide leadership by creating a team environment that is collaborative and focused on achieving established financial, continuous improvement and KPI goals. The Operations Manager will plan and direct the layout of equipment, workflow, and work force utilisation with Lean manufacturing principles while ensuring compliance with all applicable external regulatory standards.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Operations Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop and execute operational plans that will enhance productivity and profitability through the delivery of high standards of excellence in customer service, logistics, manufactured goods, supply chain management and business growth. Enhance productivity and profitability through clear financial and continuous improvement goals and objectives utilising lean manufacturing principles and KPI trending and analysis.
2. Monitor and coordinate company policies and procedures to ensure manufacturing consistency, quality conformance, and compliance to all customer and internal product specifications. In collaboration with the Quality Team, you will ensure compliance of all ISO requirements, SOP's, documentation, safety and quality standards programs.
3. Oversee the design and layout of the facility to optimise efficiencies and meet business growth plans. In addition, you will create a team environment with strong communication and team building skills that provide positive reinforcement while holding the team mutually accountable to reach site and corporate goals and objectives.
4. Provide assistance with quoting, customer support and helping the commercial team win new business. You will develop lean operational processes to reduce cost, improve efficiency and quality and demonstrable improvement in the customer experience while maintaining the flexibility required to respond to the rapidly changing needs of the customer.
5. Building, managing, mentoring, and providing career development programs to attract and retain professional talent required to achieve the company's goals and objectives. This will include maintaining employee engagement and monitoring retention of the team.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Operations Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant MSc or equivalent in a science related discipline, preferably Chemistry. In addition to this, you will have demonstrable leadership skills and management experience gained within a chemistry, pharmaceutical, life sciences or scientific manufacturing (or similar) setting - you will have previously managed a site or a large team.
2. Proven industry experience in operations management, operational excellence, demand planning, supply chain management and/or site expansion. This experience should have been gained working in a regulated environment (e.g. ISO9001), and you will have the ability to demonstrate understanding of impact of a QMS on customers.
3. Working knowledge of production management systems, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes such as Six Sigma, 5S and Kaizen. Six Sigma certification is highly desirable.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.