Job Reference: J5630977
Updated On: 03/05/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Optical R&D Engineer
Role OverviewAre you an experienced Optical Design and Development Engineer looking for a new exciting opportunity?
We are currently looking for an Optical Development Engineer to join a leading company based in West Lothian.
As the Optical Development Engineer you will be working on all product stages including research and development, design for manufacture and testing of 3D optical components.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Optical Design and Development Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be working closely with the technology team to design and fabricate waveguide-based components delivering innovation to my client's customers.
2. You will be responsible for performing full life-cycle product development, including design, develop, test, manufacture and qualification.
3. As the optical design engineer, you will design and develop optical integrated circuit systems and components. You will need to have hands on experience using lasers and experience in laser inscription or laser machining.
4. Additionally, alongside design and development, you will be responsible for producing outline designs and new concepts, as well as prepare and produce reports and documentation.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Optical Development Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Masters or PhD in Physics or Engineering as well as a solid technical background in photonics and optical waveguides.
2. A working knowledge and practical experience with commercial optical design software packages such as BEAMPROP and experience with optical test requirements is required.
3. Proven industry experience in direct write laser technology or laser machining as well as experience of design simulation of waveguides is also essential.
Key Words: Optical Design and Development Engineer | RF Development Engineer | Radio Frequency | Photonics | Laser Engineering | Telecoms | Physics | Optics | Research and Development | Laser Inscription
Other jobs with similar skills
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion | £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Bio-Sensor Engineer to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Ceredigion area. As the Bio-Sensor Engineer you will be responsible for suppoting the R&D team i...Science
View & Apply
Motherwell, Lanarkshire | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced optical development engineer looking for a new exciting job opportunity? We are currently looking for an Optical Development Engineer to join an expanding SME based in the Gl...Science
View & Apply
Field Service Engineer - Peterborough
Peterborough | £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer to join a global Medical Device business which specialise in diagnostic equipment covering territories in the Peterborough area and surrounding. A...Science
View & Apply