J562941LivingstonEngineering Telecommunications Technology PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time20/11/2018Engineering Engineering – Electrical IT – Software Development IT - Development Engineering - Electronics Engineering - Materials Engineering - Optical / Optics Recruitment - Technology IT - Software Development IT - Design
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Optical Test Development Engineer Are you an experienced optical test development engineer looking for a new exciting job opportunity?We are currently looking for a Optical Test Develo... View Job
RF / Optical Development Engineer Are you an experienced RF or Optical Design and Development Engineer looking for a new exciting opportunity?We are currently looking for a RF Developm... View Job
Field Service Engineer An exciting opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join a Global leading Pharmaceutical equipment manufacturer. As the Field Service... View Job
Are you an experienced optical test development engineer looking for a new exciting job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Optical Test Development Engineer to join an exciting SME company based in the Livingston area.
As the Optical Test Development Engineer you will work closely with the technical development team to develop and evolve current software solutions within the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Optical Test Development Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As well as developing current software solutions, you will also be responsible for specifying, designing and validating new software modules in support of design, manufacture and test.
2. You will have to collaborate with other stakeholders to determine functional and non-functional requirements for both new and existing software or applications whilst ensuring software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability and extensibility.
3. You will also be required to communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the rest of the development team and provide technical guidance and coach developers and engineers.
4. As the optical test development engineer, you will also be required to approve the final product before release.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Optical Test Development Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Proven experience as a software or test engineer is essential as well as an optical testing background. Mechanical capability is advantageous.
2. Proven experience in object-oriented programming such as Python, Visual Basic or C.
3. You will need to have excellent knowledge of software application design and structure. Experience with CAD, CNC or 3D printing software or algorithms are also advantageous.
Key Words: Optical Test Development Engineer | Software | Python | Visual Basic | C | C++ | CAD | Optics | Lasers | Photons | Engineering | Development | Technical | Operations | Photonics
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.