Job Reference: J5634028
Updated On: 10/11/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for an Organic Chemist to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Organic Chemist you will be responsible for working as part of a team to develop chemicals through commercially viable synthetic routes, predominantly in the 100 g – low kg scale.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Organic Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Organic Chemist you will Provide design solutions to a variety of programs to enable lube science teams to prove or disprove the working hypothesis.
2.As the Organic Chemist you will be required to deliver robust routing scouting to deliver materials in a time efficient manner. As well as research scale-up 10g to 10Kg with support from chemical engineer.
3. You will supervise, develop & coach laboratory based chemists as well as developing external outsourcing relationships.
4. As the Organic Chemist you will influence lab set-up & equipment to support the synthesis needs of the business.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Organic Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Organic Chemistry or equivalent industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience of delivering materials to aggressive timescales within a research & development environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with design and synthesis of next generation materials for lubricant additives, as well as scale-up from g to Kg.
Key Words: Organic Chemistry, Technologist, Scale up, Synthesis, Lubricants, Petrochemical, g, kg, Oxfordshire, Oxford.
Other jobs with similar skills
Synthetic Organic Chemist
Derbyshire | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced synthetic organic chemist looking for a new exciting opportunity? We are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading company based at their site in De...Science
View & Apply
API Project Manager
Oxfordshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a API Project Lead to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the API Project Lead you will be responsible for managing the day to day acti...Science
View & Apply