Job Reference: J56362
Updated On: 09/05/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Technologist - Organic Chemistry to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Technologist - Organic Chemistry you will be responsible for design and synthesis of next generation materials for the lubricant additive business. There are also opportunities to influence multiple interfaces (Lubes Science project teams focused on performance differentiation, Innovation, Manufacturing Technology, external outsourcing and Safety).
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Technologist - Organic Chemistry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Technologist you will Provide design solutions to a variety of programs to enable lube science teams to prove or disprove the working hypothesis.
2.As the Technologist you will be required to deliver robust routing scouting to deliver materials in a time efficient manner. As well as research scale-up 10g to 10Kg with support from chemical engineer.
3. You will supervise, develop & coach laboratory based chemists as well as developing external outsourcing relationships.
4. As the Technologist you will influence lab set-up & equipment to support the synthesis needs of the business.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Technologist - Organic Chemistry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Organic Chemistry or equivalent industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience of delivering materials to aggressive timescales within a research & development environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with design and synthesis of next generation materials for lubricant additives, as well as scale-up from 10g to 10Kg.
Other jobs with similar skills
Synthetic Organic Chemist
| £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Synthetic Chemist to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Synthetic Chemist you will be responsible for design, synthesis and analysis of novel c...Science
View & Apply
Head of Engineering
Co Roscommon. | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager keen to take a step into a more senior role? We currently have a Head of Engineering role available which would be well suited for someone ready to take this...Science
View & Apply