J56152EssexCRO/CMO Science Environmental PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time30/05/2018Chemistry Chemistry – Analytical Chemistry Chemistry – Organic Chemistry Chemistry - Quality Control
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Flow Cytometry Sales Executive We are currently looking for a Flow Cytometry Sales Executive to join a Global leading company that have been in the Life Science industry for over 80... View Job
QC Analytical Project Manager We are currently looking for a QC Analytical Project Manager to join a global pharmaceutical company based in the Durham area. As the QC Analytical Pr... View Job
Surface Analyst We are currently looking for a Surface analyst to join a leading company based in the Loughborough area. The company are an independent analytical lab... View Job
We are currently looking for a Organics Analyst to join the environmental laboratory of a growing life sciences company based in the Essex area.
The role of Organics Analyst could be a great opportunity for a life sciences of chemistry graduate who has gained some relevant experience, and looking for their next step in a role where they will develop, be provided with training and grow with the company.
Your role as Organics Analyst with will begin with a training programme starting with the safe use of general laboratory equipment e.g. balances, syringes etc., understanding the correct use of PPE, potential hazards and laboratory housekeeping. You will be provided with a training record to monitor your progress.
We will be looking for candidates with some of the following skills and experience: organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, forensics, GC-MS, ISO17025, laboratory housekeeping, environmental chemistry, LIMS, laboratory information management systems.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Organics Analyst will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Under supervision from the section manager be responsible for running their designated instrument, calibration, quality control, data processing and system suitability recording. This will include GC-MS, GC-FID, HPLC, PAH and SVOC (training will be provided).
2. Preparation of primary stock, working and daily solutions. Monitor the system for stock control of items used.
3. Be compliant with SOP's and QP's and associated changes to this documentation.
4. You will be set KPIs and it is your responsibility to ensure timely reporting of results along with fully recorded QC.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Organics Analyst we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Chemistry, Life Sciences or Forensics focussed discipline. In addition to this, you must at least be able to demonstrate a theoretical understanding of GC-MS instrumentation, however practical experience would be preferred.
2. Prior experience using laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
3. Some understanding or experience of ISO17025 would be preferred.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.