Job Reference: J5631623
Updated On: 03/06/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS have a fantastic opportunity available for an Outreach Scientist - Mandarin Speaking to join a leading biomedical research and discovery company based in the Middlesex area. As the Outreach Scientist you will be responsible for building the company's international brand within the Asian research community. You will be working for an exciting non-profit organisation who specialise in cataloguing plasmids to enhance the availability of genetic material to the scientific population. We are looking for enthusiastic scientists who are passionate about discussing science with scientists.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Outreach Scientist - Mandarin Speaking will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for increasing the awareness of the company’s services, including organising and executing one-on-one and group meetings with fellow scientists.
2. You will be responsible for engaging and reaching out to European and Asian scientists to build and maintain relationships throughout the science community.
3. You will organise European and Asian marketing initiatives, such as organising conference sponsorships, giving seminars, all in aid of increasing the company's reputation.
4. You will have an opportunity to travel to universities and institutions throughout Asia as well as assisting the company’s US-based team. You are expected to travel 25% of the time.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Outreach Scientist - Mandarin speaking we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or a related field with a solid understanding of the principles of cloning and plasmid design.
2. Experience delivering scientific presentations to a variety scientific audience at conferences etc. is essential
3. Excellent written and verbal skills in addition to a willingness to travel is important.
Key Words: Outreach | Scientist | Plasmid | Cloning | Cell Biology | Biochemistry | Molecular Biology | PhD | Post-Doc | Mandarin | Asia | Academia
Other jobs with similar skills
Dundee, Angus | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Animal Technician to join a drug discovery group based in the Angus area. As the Animal Technician you will be responsible for assisting and performing experimental proc...Science
View & Apply
Penicuik, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependant
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Development Assistant to join a Global Animal Health company based in Edinburgh. As the Development Assistant you will work alongside the ...Science
View & Apply