Job Reference: J5634307
Updated On: 20/01/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Physical Sciences Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in Northern Ireland.. As the Physical Sciences Manager you will be responsible for leading the Physical Sciences division which is made up of multiple teams covering solid-state screening, recrystallisation and pre-formulation, and you will represent the company external for third parties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities1. Provide day to day leadership and drive growth of the Physical Sciences division in line with the companies fiver year strategic plan. In doing so you will provide technical and operational management of projects within the department which will include the following:
2. Solid state R&D activities such as polymorphism studies, salt or cocrystal screens, investigation of batch to batch variability and the implementation of new robotics and automation strategies to increase capacity and reduce the turnaround time of our screening projects (these new robotic systems were added in 2020 at a cost of £750,000)
3. The development of fit-for-purpose crystallisation procedures to identify the crystallisation parameters that control the processes and the transfer of the crystallisation procedures to the kilo lab or plant. Physicochemical analyses and the development of early preclinical formulations that enable our clients to overcome the next hurdle in their development pipeline, and the identification of formulation strategies for the enhancement of the performance of the APIs.
4. As the Physical Sciences manager you will represent the department and provide feedback to the VP team on business goals, as well as contribute to and lead technical discussions and present technical information to a wider audience. You will also look for continuous opportunities for process and business improvements both of the day to day, operation and strategy of the division.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Physical Sciences Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant chemistry degree or PhD (i.e Physical Chemistry / Solid-State Chemistry) with extensive industry experience in a Pharmaceutical / CDMO setting managing solid-state chemistry teams.
2. Proven industry experience designing and running experiments using solid-state chemistry, recrystallisation studies and analytical technologies related to the physical sciences field is expected.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with business improvement methodologies, presenting and representing the company and science at conferences / events, and leading the commercial direction of such a department will be advantageous on application.
Key Words: Solid-State Chemistry / Physical Sciences / Physical Chemistry / Head of Chemistry / Recrystallisation / Preformulation / Chemistry Jobs
Other jobs with similar skills
West Yorkshire | £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Analytical Team Leader looking for a new exciting job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Analytical Team Leader to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the...Science
View & Apply
Senior Solid State Scientist - Pharmaceuticals
Essex | £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Solid State Scientist - Pharmaceuticals to join a leading Pharmaceutical CRO company based in Essex. As the Senior Solid State Scientist - Pharmaceuticals you wil...Science
View & Apply
Senior Formulation Scientist - Inhalation
Chippenham, Wiltshire | £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Senior Formulation Scientist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior Formulation Scientist you will ...Science
View & Apply