Job Reference: J5633734
Updated On: 12/05/2022
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - CRISPR to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridge area. As the Principal Scientist - CRISPR you will be the internal subject matter expert on all aspects of gene editing related to CRISPR techniques. You will lead and work on a number of matrix projects and will use your expertise to drive the business forwards.
This position would suit an experienced CRISPR scientist with experience of Stem cells, specifically Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSC).
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Principal Scientist - CRISPR will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Act as the expert on all things related to CRISPR gene editing where you will design, plan and deliver on CRISPR gene editing projects.
2. You will use your experience to troubleshoot issues and optimise protocols routine and more complex aspects of gene editing.
3. You will work closely with commercial teams and project managers to offer bespoke solutions for clients and use your technical knowledge of CRISPR to offer a world-class service.
4. You will keep up to date will scientific literature and developments in the field of gene editing to ensure the business is a step ahead of the curve.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist - CRISPR we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD or BSc/MSc in a Life Sciences discipline (e.e Molecular Biology; Genomics; Gene Editing etc.) in addition to extensive experience of CRISPR including CRISPR/Cas9.
2. Proven industry experience working with human Stem Cells, ideally Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs).
3. Ability to lead, design, development and troubleshoot CRISPR experiments.
Key Words: Principal Scientist | CRISPR | CRISPR/Cas9 | Gene Editing | Gene-editing | Molecular Biology | Cell engineering | Stem Cells | iPSCs | iPS | Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells | Leadership | Line Management | Cambridge
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Other jobs with similar skills
Cell Line Development Lead
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire | £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Cell Line Development Lead to join a leading global Biologics company focused on the Research and Development of Biologics Manufacturing Process Development based in the...Science
View & Apply
Team Leader / Principal Scientist
Edinburgh | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for an experienced and ambitious Team Leader / Principal Scientist with a strong background in immunology, immuno-oncology or neuroscience to join a growing life sciences comp...Science
View & Apply