Job Reference: J5636591
Status: Now Interviewing
Are you an experienced Analytical Team Leader or Principal looking for a new exciting job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the West Yorkshire area.
As the Principal Scientist, you will develop and supervise others in the development of suitably rugged physical and chemical analytical methods that will determine all necessary product parameters, including physical characteristics, determination of active, degradation products, preservatives, and, if necessary, volatiles using the most suitable analytical instruments available to the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Principal Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for overseeing the development, validation and transfer activities associated with non-complex to complex analytical methods and individually investigate or lead investigations to successfully resolve analytical problems, project issues and deviations.
2. You will also plan and manage all analytical activities in support of early new product development (feasibility, prototype, method development, early compatibility studies, raw material evaluation, COSHH assessments). As the analytical team leader, you will also attend and present data at project-related meetings, interact with internal and external parties to ensure objectives are met.
3. As the Principal Scientist, you will also be responsible for ensuring compliance of all analytical processes, facilities, equipment and activities to applicable cGXPs, regulatory guideline, and company SOPs on a consistent basis. You will be required to conduct routine laboratory audits and involvement in activities associated with third party laboratory audits, as required.
4. When required, you may have to deputise for the manager / R&D Director, to maintain department productivity, KPIs and objectives within the department.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Life Science, Chemistry or laboratory based science degree is essential.
2. Proven industry experience in a variety of analytical instruments (ideally GC and HPLC) and software utilised for physical and chemical analysis and the ability to develop, document and execute analyses or experiments of moderate complexity is also essential for the Team Leader position.
3. Experience in line managing a team of scientists and good understanding of quality guidelines will be highly advantageous.
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.