J3940CambridgeshireCRO/CMO Science PermanentCompetitiveFull Time19/05/2017Histology
Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology
Pre Clinical Research
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Bioanalytical Science Manager
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Bioanalytical Science Manager to join a global life sciences company based in the Berkshire ... View Job
Study Scientist - Pathology
A Fantastic opportunity for a Study Scientist within Pathology has become available to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Cambridgeshir... View Job
Junior In Vivo Pharmacologist
An exciting opportunity for a Junior In Vivo Pharmacologist has become available in a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. ... View Job
An outstanding opportunity for a Principle Veterinary Pathologist has become available to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Principle Veterinary Pathologist you will be responsible for the examination and appraisal of histological animal tissue sections from drug safety evaluation studies in a variety of animal species, performed under GLP, for the purpose of registration with one or more regulatory bodies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your main duty as the Principle Veterinary Pathologist will be to act as the departmental expert for the evaluation of animal histological samples to determine the cellular effect of drugs in safety evaluation studies. Your other key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Histopathological evaluation of tissue sections by light microscopy using your experience and expertise with all commonly used laboratory species and routine study types.
2. Preparation of macroscopic pathology and histopathology summaries as well as the attendance at animal post mortems.
3. Involvement in process improvement, making presentations to other departments, mentoring histology and necropsy technicians.
4. Management of a team of pathologists including guiding and mentoring members of the team as well as providing scientific supervision for technical and work-related aspects of study design.
5. Ensure all tasks are conducted in accordance with Good Laboratory practice, standard Operating Procedures and study protocols to scientific standards acceptable to the head of Pathology.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principle Veterinary Pathologist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A degree and/or qualification as a Veterinary Scientist as well as in depth experience of Pathology.
2. Proven industry experience in toxicological pathology and having worked in pharmaceutical company or CRO.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with histopathology examination and analysis with the ability to identify vital changes to a variety of tissues from a range of laboratory species.
Key Words: Pathology | Veterinary | Histology | Toxicology | Drug Safety Studies | Team Leading | Veterinary Expert | Microscopy | Cytology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.