Job Reference: J5631587
Updated On: 03/06/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Process Development Manager to join an exciting Biotechnology SME based in Cambridgeshire. As the Process Development Manager you will be responsible for leading a small team to develop fermentation processes to produce biopharmaceuticals from a variety of bacterial strains.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Process Development Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be the technical lead on anaerobic fermentation of bacteria from microtiter plates to small fermenters.
2. Act as the company representative in supporting process transfer to CDMO's.
3. Build out the laboratories and the team to grow the in-house fermentation capability.
4. Maintain an awareness of the latest technologies and equipment for incorporation into company labs.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Process Development Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or PhD in a Life Science or Bioprocess Engineering discipline along with experience in industry or academia leading fermentation projects.
2. Proven experience in optimising fermentation processes ideally using a variety of micro-organisms.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with using Design of Experiment (DoE) will be highly advantageous.
Key Words: Process Development | Fermentation | Bacteria | Biopharmaceuticals | Tech Transfer | Scale Up | Group Leader | Manager | GMP | DoE | QbD | Anaerobic |
Other jobs with similar skills
Cheshire | Experience Dependant
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a MS&T Director to join a Global and fast growing Biotechnology company based in the North West of England. As the MS&T Director you will be required t...Science
View & Apply
Viral Vector Scientist
London | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Viral Vector Scientist to join an exciting Cell Therapy company based in London. As the Viral Vector Scientist you will help to design, execute and document process deve...Science
View & Apply