J4220Capital Region - HöfuðborgarsvæðiPharmaceutical Biotechnology PermanentFull Time31/07/2017Professional Services - Supply Chain Professional Services - Procurement
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Business Analysis Manager
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Business Analysis Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Cambridge area... View Job
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a QA Specialist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Q... View Job
Scientific Compliance Manager
Job Purpose (summarise the primary purpose of the job):• Managing programs & projects to deliver significant improvements in QC and product sciences c... View Job
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Procurement Director to join a leading Biopharmaceutical business based in Reykjavik, Iceland. As the Procurement Director you will be responsible for the strategic direction, goals and priorities for the purchasing initiatives of Manufacturing, R&D, Quality, Pre-Clinical and Clinical Operations. The Director of Procurement will work closely with all function mentioned as well as Legal, Finance and Supply Chain in optimizing procurement and sourcing strategies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Procurement Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals and implement them to meet the company's strategic objectives.
2. Develop, implement and maintain a procurement strategy, including implementing processes, policies and procedures, that supports the vision and future growth plans.
3. Responsible for and lead all procurement activities within the business and be hands-on in managing the day-to-day operations.
4. Responsible for all key outsourced contracts and procurement for Clinical Operations / CRO's, Manufacturing / CMO's and Laboratory testing.
5. You will be responsible for the procurement budget and making sure that cost saving initiatives are identified at all times.
6. Establish a vendor selection process and managing vendor negotiations for all contracts within the business. Negotiate contract terms, including pricing, deliverables, milestones, resourcing commitments, payment schedule and metrics.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Procurement Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree qualification in a Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Engineering or similar discipline. MCIPS certification is desirable.
2. Proven industry experience in a senior procurement role within the Life Science, Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical sectors.
3. Experience in managing Life Science External Service Providers (ESP) as CRO's and external laboratories.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.