Job Reference: J5633469
Updated On: 29/07/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Product Safety Leader to join a Global Consumer and Professional Goods company based in Surrey with Head offices in the USA. As the Product Safety Leader you will be responsible for leading a team of Product Safety Specialists focus on the EMEA region where you will manage all activities focused around Product Safety, Health Risk Assessment and Toxicology programs.
You will work cross functionally to support product development, registration and maintenance and will assist with strategy development as well as deputies for the Product Safety Director. You will be a key opinion leader within the fields of toxicology, safety and risk assessment and will represent the business at associations and professional societies.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Product Safety Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead a team focused on and be personally responsible for hazard identification, exposure characterisation, safety assessment and product safety testing. You will follow and develop safety assessment practices, design hazard analysis, risk methodologies and regulatory safety requirements.
2. Offer expert guidance to your team as well as across the wider business to enable new product development, mergers & acquisitions and product maintenance.
3. You will keep up to date with changing safety standards and develop assessment strategies to ensure compliance to internal and external regulations.
4. You will work on a range of product types including Medical Devices, Biocides, Consumer Goods, Cosmetics, PPE, Hygiene and household clearing.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Product Safety Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Toxicology, Pharmacology, Bioscience or other related field in addition to extensive industry experience in Product safety including the design, development and regulatory approval of a range of products.
2. Proven industry experience of leading a team would be beneficial to your application but project leadership is vital.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with authoring of quantitative health risk and safety assessments with the ability to independently design and implement effective testing strategies and protocols to identify potential human health hazards. Toxicology or clinical safety study experience would benefit your application
Key Words: Product Safety | Toxicology | Health Risk Assessments | Safety Assessments | Hazard Assessment | Global | EMEA | Leadership | Line Management | Associate Director | Medical Devices | PPE | Biocides | Hygiene | Household Cleaning | Cosmetics | Consumer Goods
Other jobs with similar skills
Herefordshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Analytical Development Chemist to join a leading company based in the Herefordshire area. As the Analytical Development Chemist you will be responsible for supporting th...Science
View & Apply
Senior Upstream Production Scientist
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Production Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Senior Upstream Production Scientist you will be res...Science
View & Apply