Job Reference: J5632669
Updated On: 12/12/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Project Chemist - Chinese Speaking to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Project Chemist you will be responsible for working with the R&D Team to develop an in depth understanding of synthetic processes relating to strategic projects.Â You will actively participate in the technical transfer of the synthetic processes from the UK to the agreed contract manufacturer for lab demonstration, pilot and commercial manufacture. Utilising the technical knowledge gained during the technical transfer process, assist with future process development or process improvement activities for the business.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Project Chemist - Chinese Speaking will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Project Chemist you will work closely with the R&D team to develop an in depth understanding of the synthetic processes relating to strategic projects and aid in the design of the process development of chemical processes. You will attend and actively contribute to R&D meetings and ensure that all parties are updated on project milestones and deliverables.
2. You will work collaboratively with strategic project partners to enable efficient transfer of processes to plant as well as provide support during technical transfer processes to Asia.
3. As the Project Chemist you will provide support to the Commercial Team, by compiling marketing data and financial & statistical analysis on customers, competitors and market opportunities and be prepared to present findings to management. Furthermore you will ensure that Commercial Team are fully informed/supported on relevant market/business trends and ensure new product ideas are developed and evaluated effectively through conducting relevant market research activities and internal commercial and operational assessment.
4. As the Project Chemist you will ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained and follow procedures relating to SH&E.
5. You will be required to travel to Asia during this role.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Project Chemist - Chinese Speaking we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Phd in Organic Chemistry or closely related discipline. You must be fluent in both spoken and written Chinese.
2. Proven industry experience in organic chemistry within a laboratory environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Synthetic Organic Chemistry and Technical Transfer and Project Management.
Key Words: Synthetic Chemistry | Organic Chemistry | Chemistry | Senior Scientist | Drug Discovery | Drug Development | Synthetic | Organic | Pharmaceutical | Synthesis| Novel | Project Management | Technical Transfer | Tech Transfer
Other jobs with similar skills
Synthetic Organic Chemist
Berkshire, Berkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Synthetic Organic Chemist you will be responsible for responsible ...Science
View & Apply
Kent | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced senior synthetic chemist or research leader looking for the next step up in your career? We are currently looking for Research Leader to join a leading drug discovery compan...Science
View & Apply