J4095KentPharmaceutical Biotechnology Engineering Permanent£40,000 to £45,000 per annumFull Time27/06/2017Engineering
Engineering – Electrical
Engineering – Control / Automation
Engineering – Project
Engineering – Improvement / Lean
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Equipment and Facilities Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Equipment and Facilities Engineer to join a leading life sciences measurement and testing company based in th... View Job
We are currently looking two Instrumentation Technicians to join a leading Pharmaceutical manufacturing organisation based in the Kent area. One of th... View Job
Facilities Project Manager
A great opportunity has become available for a Facilities Project Manager to join a leading Life Sciences organisation based in the Cambridgeshire are... View Job
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Project Engineer (Electrical) to join a leading Biotechnology business based in the Kent area. As the Project Engineer (Electrical) you will work within the Engineering and Maintenance department, delivering small and large scale capital projects. After an initial 12 month period this opportunity could develop into a Continuous Improvement Engineering role.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting into the Associate Director of Engineering, your duties as the Project Engineer (Electrical) will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Working closely with one other Project Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of capital projects on site, from conception to completion. This includes supporting other departments.
2. Develop site standards to ensure the Capitals are delivered correctly across the Kent sites, Engineering Change Control and Drawing Change Control are kept compliant.
3. Troubleshooting may include complex utility systems, PLC's, instrumentation, electrical systems, HVAC, electronic systems, refrigeration, air, water, steam and any other production equipment. Interpret and design system drawings, layouts, wiring diagrams and specifications.
4. Ensure that a pro-active approach is taken to continuous improvement, by listening to the customer's requirements and understanding the true cause of the process bottlenecks.
5. Carry out Root Cause investigation of site issues to increase system reliability.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Project Engineer (Electrical) we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree qualification in an Electrical Engineering discipline or an apprenticeship in an Electrically Biased Engineering programme.
2. Proven industry experience working within a GMP environment, such as the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Engineering Change Control Systems and the ability to troubleshoot various systems such as utilities, PLC's, instrumentation, electrical systems, HVAC, electronic systems, refrigeration, air, water, steam and any other production equipment.
4. Demonstrated Project Management Experience including control of cost, project program, work quality and contractor control.
Key Words: Project Engineer | Electrical | Control Systems | Pharmaceutical | Biotechnology | GMP | Production | Manufacturing | Engineer | Engineering | Project Management
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.