Senior Scientist - Pilot Plant
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist Pilot Plant to join a leading company based in the Berkshire area. As the Senior Scientist Pilot Plant... View Job
Research Associate - Protein Sciences
An exciting opportunity for a Research Associate to join the Protein Sciences team within an exciting biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshir... View Job
Bioprocess Development Scientist
We are currently looking for a Bioprocess Development Scientist to join a leading company based in the Essex area. As the Bioprocess Development Scien... View Job
We are currently looking for a Protein Development Technician to join a leading company based in the Essex area. As the Protein Development Technician you will be responsible for developing downstream processing, extraction and functional characterisation of antigens produced from fermentation and antigen production process development for both in-house and third-party vaccine projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Protein Development Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop and implement a wide range of methods and technologies as applied to the expression (eukaryotic, yeast, insect) purification and characterisation of recombinant proteins. For example bacterial and insect cell expression, liquid chromatography, SDS-PAGE, mass spectrometry and biophysical techniques in vaccines.
2. Assisting in the development and validation of downstream processing methods for GMP veterinary vaccines across the development portfolio.
3. Day to day coordination of own work for process development and validation protocols for GMP.
4. Input into the design and execution of process development protocols in coordination with other development scientists.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein Development Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science discipline such as, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or similar.
2. Proven industry experience in Downstream process development ideally within a regulated environment (GLP or GMP).
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with construct design, molecular biology, protein expression, purification, characterisation and structure function
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.