J5631088BerkshireScience Contract / Temporary / Interim£33,000 to £36,500 per annumFull Time13/03/2019Biochemistry Biochemistry – Purification
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Process Development Consultant - USP We are currently looking for a Process Development Consultant specialising in upstream processing to join a Global Biopharmaceutical company, the pref... View Job
Senior Process Development Scientist We are currently looking for a Process Development Scientist to join an innovative Biotechnology company based in Norfolk. As the Process Development ... View Job
Gene Therapy Operations Director We are currently looking for a Gene Therapy Operations Director to join a leading company based in the South East of England. As the Gene Therapy Oper... View Job
We are currently looking for a Protein Production Senior Scientist to join a leading company based in the Berkshire area. As the Protein Production Research Scientist you will be responsible for
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Protein Production Senior Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. In your role as the Protein Production Senior Scientist, you will take a lead in the expression and purification of target proteins for structural studies, antibody generation, in vivo and in vitro assays and biophysical characterisation.
2. You will take responsibility for the generation of high quality protein reagents.
3. As the Protein Production Senior Scientist, you will undertake protein characterisation using a number of techniques including SDS-Page, Western Blot, analytical SEC and UV-Vis spectroscopy.
4.You will be using protein purification techniques including, but not limited to, size exclusion chromatography, affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction chromatography, analytical SEC.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein Senior Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD or degree / MSc holder with experience in industry.
2. Proven experience focussing on recombinant protein production.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with E.coli, insect and mammalian cell expression systems.