J3479HertfordshireBiotechnology Science Permanent£32,000 to £38,000 per annum - Dependent on experienceFull Time27/01/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry - Expression
Biochemistry – Purification
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Cell Line Development Group Leader
We are currently looking for a Cell Line Development Group Leader to join an exciting and rapidly expanding Biotechnology company based in the Cambrid... View Job
Process Development Manager
We are currently looking for a Process Development Consultant Manager to join a Global Biotechnology company, the position will be 50% home based work... View Job
Cell Line Development Scientist
We are currently looking for a Cell Line Development Scientist to join an exciting Life Sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Cell... View Job
We are currently looking for a Protein Production Scientist to join an exciting Antibody Discovery company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Protein Production Scientist you will be responsible for carrying out expression and purification of proteins and antibodies in a research facility.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Protein Production Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Produce robust and accurate experimental reports, have organised electronic data management, prepare SOPs, batch reports and internal/external study reports as required.
2. Communicate technical knowledge both internally and externally, with staff and collaborators at internal meetings, presentations and conferences.
3. Large scale production of recombinant proteins in E. coli and purification to a high degree of purity using affinity chromatography and size exclusion techniques.
4. Design, using state-of-the-art approaches, construct using a wide range of effective molecular biology techniques, genetic constructs for the production of a wide range of antibody, antibody-derived or other proteins of biotechnological interest in a wide range of hosts such as bacteria, yeast and mammalian cells.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein Production Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Life Science discipline ideally focusing on protein expression and purification.
2. Proven industry or research experience in antibody discover, including phage display, AKTA purification and Cell Cultures will be essential for this position.
Key Words: Protein Purification | Protein Expression | AKTA | Antibody Discovery | Biopharmaceutical | Research | Phage Display | Antibody Drug Conjugates |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.