J562605BerkshirePharmaceutical Contract / Temporary / Interim£29,000 to £38,000 per annumFull Time25/07/2018Bioanalytical
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Therapeutic Process Technician We are currently looking for a Therapeutic Process Technician to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Kent area. As the Therapeutic Proce... View Job
Development Scientist We are currently looking for a Development Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Stevenage area. As the Development Scien... View Job
Technical Specialist - LCMS We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist - LCMS to join a leading CRO company based in the Rushden area. As the Technical Specialist - LCMS... View Job
We are currently looking for a Protein Purification Scientist to join a leading company based in the Berkshire area. As the Protein Purification Scientist you will be responsible for streamlining the purification and characterisation of antibody reagents from mammalian cells to support the discovery of novel drug targets.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Protein Purification Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Protein Purification Scientist, you will be working with multiple scales of antibody purification; small scale and high throughput; medium scale and parallel throughput.
2. You will be analysing and interpreting data to troubleshoot method development, using automation and/or parallel processing.
3. Your role as the Protein Purification Scientist will include working with protein purification techniques, such as affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction and size exclusion chromatography, in addition to protein analysis techniques such as HPLC, SDS-Page and Western Blotting.
4. As the Protein Purification Scientist, you will attend and present at project meetings, and interact with a variety of scientist from different disciplines to drive forward the research.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein Purification Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant post-graduate degree in biochemistry/biotechnology or other relevant disciplines, or a graduate with several years of experience in industry.
2. Proven industry experience working with purification techniques, in a setting of both the production and analysis of protein molecules, or experience of automated high throughput purification.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA chromatography systems (Unicorn) and Agilent HPLC systems (Chemstations software) including method development.
Key Words: AKTA / HPLC / SDS-Page / Western Blot / Ion Exchange / Affinity / Protein Purification Techniques / Chemical / Ion Exchange
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.