Job Reference: J5637439
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Protein Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the London area focused on creating a sustainable Biomanufacturing industry through the development of a protein based platform. As the Protein Scientist you will be responsible for the design, expression and purification of Recombinant Enzymes and Proteins.
You will collaborate internally and work on high-priority projects to allow further research and development into this novel platform aimed at improving enzyme yield and activity across of range of industries utilising Biocatalysis.
This role will suit an enthusiastic Protein Biochemist with experience of Bacterial expression systems that is looking for a fast-paced Biotech start-up focused on creating a sustainable Biomanufacturing industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Protein Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Design, execute and troubleshoot Protein and Enzyme expression and purification projects.
2. Design complex DNA constructs for cloning and expression within Bacterial expression systems (e.g. E.Coli) as well as the purification and characterisation of recombinant proteins and enzymes.
3. Have responsibility for the writing of SOPs and project plans and keeping up-to-date with new develops for protein expression.
4. Utilise a range of analytical techniques to assess purified proteins. Techniques include but not limited to SDS-Page and enzymatic assays.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Protein Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A BSc/MSc in Biochemistry or related field as well as industry experience within Protein sciences where you have Bacterial Expression expereince. Or a recent PhD in Biochemistry or Protein Sciences with a desire to move into Industry.
2. Proven industry experience in DNA Cloning methods (e.g. scarless) as well as recombinant protein expression within E.coli where you have experience of troubleshooting (e.g. yield, Toxicity and solubility issues).
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Protein characterisation and Enzymatic assessment is ideal.
Key Words: Recombinant Protein | Enzyme | Enzymatic | Biocatalysis | Protein Expression | E.coli | Bacterial Expression | Protein Purification | Protein Characterisation | Senior Scientist
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Science, Drug Discovery
Skills: Biochemistry - Characterisation, Biochemistry - Purification (Bench scale), Life Sciences - Molecular Biology, Life Sciences - Expression