Job Reference: J5631698
Updated On: 26/06/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Python Software Engineer to join a leading Genomics company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Python Software Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining the informatics infrastructure as well as full-stack web applications for management of the sequencing pipeline.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Python Software Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Python Software Engineer you will be responsible for writing production-ready applications in Python and Angular.
2. You will develop improvements to the efficiency and robustness of the sequencing operation in an ISO accredited environment, which will have a direct impact in clinical patients.
3. Delivering software and infrastructure solutions for sequencing analysis of large-scale genomic data.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Python Software Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Computer Science / Software Engineering or related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience producing applications in Python or Angular and working with Docker and AWS.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with building and consuming REST APIs and fluency with Linux and Git.
4. Experience working with ISO27001 and ISO13485 environments under a quality management system is preferred but not essential.
5.GoLang experience is highly desirable but not essential.
Key Words: Python, Software Engineer, GoLang, Angular, AWS, Cloud, Docker, Applications, REST, APIs, QMS, Genomics, Informatics, Infrastructure
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Bioinformatics Programmer
Cambridgeshire | £40,000 - £75,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Programmer to join a leading Genomics company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Bioinformatics Programmer you will be responsible for...Science
View & Apply
Senior Informatics Platform Programmer
Cambridgeshire | £50,000 - £80,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Informatics Platform Programmer to join a leading bio company based in the Cambridgeshire area focusing on personalised medicine. As the Senior Informatics Platfo...Science
View & Apply