Job Reference: J5631909
Updated On: 29/07/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
QC Analytical Scientist
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a QC Analytical Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the London area. As the QC Analytical Scientist will be responsible for testing of gene therapy products and supporting the testing requirements of the facility.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the QC Analytical Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will carry out testing of products using techniques such as, but not limited it, ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, and Western Blotting. You will also work on assay qualification and assist in the introduction of new bespoke analytical methodology.
2. You will be part of the Quality Control team helping to maintain the flow of information, ensuring appropriate communications are passed on. You will assist with training and ensuring it is undertaken in a timely manner.
3. You will record out of specifications, non- conformances, investigations and analysis and further implements changes where required. Updating and developing SOP's and laboratory documentation will be among your duties.
4. As the QC Analytical Scientist, you will maintain the Quality Management System and assist with internal and external audits.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Analytical Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc, MSc, or PhD in a Life Sciences related discipline such as, but not limited to, Biology, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology is essential.
2. A number of years of proven industry experience in a GMP regulated Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences organisation is essential to your application. Experience carrying out qPCR, ELISA, and Western Blotting or similar analytical methodology is essential.
3. Practical experience with DNA products and Protein Capsids would be highly desirable and would be beneficial to your application.
Key Words: Cell and Gene Therapy | Research | GMP | PCR | ELISA | Western Blotting | DNA | QC | Quality Control |
Other jobs with similar skills
Assay Development Technical Specialist
Bridgend | £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist to join a leading Stem Cell Therapeutics company based in the Bridgend area. As the Technical Specialist you will be responsible for being the point...Science
View & Apply
Principal Scientist - Histology
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Histology to join a leading life sciences company based in the Edinburgh. Our client are known for offering specialist preclinical contract researc...Science
View & Apply