Job Reference: J5631655
Updated On: 06/06/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a QC Bioassay Specialist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Flintshire area. As the QC Bioassay Specialist you will be responsible for setting up the bioassay laboratory and developing cell based assays for antibodies.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the QC Bioassay Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will manage the day to day activities of the Bioassay Laboratory, implementing assays, reporting on results from potency assays and cytotoxicity testing as well as immunological testing.
2. Ensuring the laboratory is compliant with GMP is essential. You will raise non-conformances and further implement the corrective and preventative actions. This will involve managing the progress of deviations in assays.
3. As the QC Team Leader, you will optimise and develop new bioassays and immunoassays to improve methods. Troubleshooting and problem solving will be important for the success of these.
4. Training other staff members to ensure compliance within the matrix requirements and carrying out QA/QC audits will be among your duties.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Bioassay Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or masters in a Life Sciences related discipline and a number of years of industry experience is essential to your application.
2. Proven industry experience in a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology organisation within the QC department is essential to your application. Managing, leading or directing a team of Scientists/ Analysts is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with cell based assays and bioassays is essential.
Key Words: Bioassay / Assay / Biotechnology / Biopharmaceutical / Life Sciences / Cytotoxicity / GMP / QC / Quality Control /
Other jobs with similar skills
Principal Scientist - Histology
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Histology to join a leading life sciences company based in the Edinburgh. Our client are known for offering specialist preclinical contract researc...Science
View & Apply
QC Team Leader
London | £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a QC Team Leader to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the QC Team Leader you will be responsible for managing a team of scientists ...Science
View & Apply