Job Reference: J5634977
Updated On: 24/05/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a QC Microbiology Senior Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the Glasgow area. As the QC Microbiology Senior Scientist you will be responsible for providing specialist microbiological knowledge, practical expertise and troubleshooting skills.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the QC Microbiology Senior Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will p4rform environmental monitoring of the clean room facility as well as microbial identification using gram stain, catalyse and oxidase tests and Vitek methodology.
2. As the QC Microbiology Senior Scientist you will perform clean room validation including generation of protocols and reports. You will also perform endotoxin and qPCR mycoplasma testing as well as BACT sterility testing.
3. You will be responsible for training and supervising both experienced and inexperienced members of staff.
4. The QC Microbiology Senior Scientist will be responsible for ensuring that analytical and microbiological equipment is calibrated and maintained in accordance with GMP quality systems. You will be expected to identify deviations and faults in instrument performance and determine an appropriate response to them.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Microbiology Senior Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Microbiology or Life Sciences related discipline plus industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience performing microbiology techniques such as microbial identification and sterility testing.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience performing environmental monitoring of GMP cleanrooms.
Key Words: Microbiology / Microbiologist / Microbiological / QC / Quality Control / GMP / Good Manufacturing Practice / Cleanroom / Environmental Monitoring / Identification / Gram Stain / Oxidase / Catalyse / Vitek / Endotoxin / qPCR / Mycoplasma / BACT / Sterility / Aseptic / Life Sciences / Gene Therapy / Cell Therapy
Other jobs with similar skills
Microbiology QC Technician
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a QC Technician - Microbiology and Environmental Monitoring to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the QC Technician - Microbi...Science
View & Apply
London | £30,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a QC Microbiologist to join a leading Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the QC Microbiologist you will be responsible for the microbiology environmental mo...Science
View & Apply