Job Reference: J5633331
Updated On: 03/06/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a QC Scientist with experience of Biosafety testing to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in Hertfordshire. As the QC Scientist - Biosafety you will be responsible for ensuring the Manufacturing site remains sterile and compliant, meeting GMP standards.
This is the perfect opportunity for a QC Microbiologist with extensive GMP experience and good knowledge of Biosafety testing to join an innovative Advanced Therapies Biotechnology company.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the QC Scientist - Biosafety will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Biosaftey Testing - Perform tests to ensure Biosafety such as PCR, Endotoxin testing, Inoculation for detection of microbes and detection of contamination by BacT.
2. Sample Management - Work closely with QC Sample Management and LIMS teams to ensure timely and efficient testing where samples are stored and managed appropriately to comply with GMP regulations.
3. QC Investigations - Support Out of Specification investigations and deviation management to ensure continued GMP compliance.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Scientist - Biosafety we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline (e.g. Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry etc.) in addition to a few years experience working in a GMP setting.
2. Proven industry experience in an aseptic manufacturing environment where you have had exposure to a QC setting and testing including PCR, Microbial Identification, Endotoxin testing and Environmental Monitoring.
3. Have the ability to critically asses your own and others work to identify areas of improvement. A passion for maintaining Quality in a manufacturing environment is key.
Key Words: Quality Control | QC | Microbiology | Sterility | Biosaftey | PCR | Microbial Identification | Endotoxin | Environmental Monitoring | Cell therapy | Gene Therapy | ATMP | Biopharmaceutical
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior QC Microbiology Analyst
Wiltshire | £27,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior QC Microbiology Analyst to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Senior QC Microbiology Analyst you will be responsible for...Science
View & Apply
QC Microbiology Analyst
London | £30,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a QC Microbiology Analyst to join a leading Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the QC Microbiology Analyst you will be responsible for the microbiology envi...Science
View & Apply