Job Reference: J5632217
Updated On: 19/09/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a QC Scientist (Tissue Culture) to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Essex area. As the QC Scientist (Tissue Culture) you will be responsible for performing QC testing for batch release and stability of products manufactured on site in accordance with company SOPs and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the QC Scientist - Tissue Culture will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform cell culture assays, such as viral inactivation and TCID-50 within required timelines and to quality standards.
2. As the QC Scientist you will also be expected to document all work in accordance with GMP standards.
3. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of laboratory areas (stock control/cleanliness etc) as well as identifying and implementing improvements within the laboratory.
4. Additionally, you will be expected to lead investigations for out of spec results, deviations and other quality incidents.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Scientist - Tissue Culture we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences related subject plus industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in performing biological assays in cell culture systems, especially viral inactivation, viral titre TCID-50, cell banking, ELISA and tissue culture media preparation.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with working in a QC function under GMP regulations.
Key Words: Quality Control, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Tissue Culture, GMP, ELISA, TCID-50, Viral, Immunology, Vaccines
Other jobs with similar skills
Quality Assurance Officer
Bradford, West Yorkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently supporting a key client of ours in their search for a Quality Assurance Officer to join their facility based in the West Yorkshire area. The company are a growing life sciences firm a...Science
View & Apply
Berkshire, Berkshire | £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an Audit Manager to join a global pharmaceutical company based in the London area. As the Audit Manager you will be responsible for Customer and Regulatory Audit progra...Science
View & Apply