Job Reference: J5632217
Updated On: 28/11/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a QC Scientist (Tissue Culture) to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Essex area. As the QC Scientist (Tissue Culture) you will be responsible for performing QC testing for batch release and stability of products manufactured on site in accordance with company SOPs and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the QC Scientist - Tissue Culture will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform cell culture assays, such as viral inactivation and TCID-50 within required timelines and to quality standards.
2. As the QC Scientist you will also be expected to document all work in accordance with GMP standards.
3. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of laboratory areas (stock control/cleanliness etc) as well as identifying and implementing improvements within the laboratory.
4. Additionally, you will be expected to lead investigations for out of spec results, deviations and other quality incidents.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Scientist - Tissue Culture we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences related subject plus industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience in performing biological assays in cell culture systems, especially viral inactivation, viral titre TCID-50, cell banking, ELISA and tissue culture media preparation.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with working in a QC function under GMP regulations.
Key Words: Quality Control, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Tissue Culture, GMP, ELISA, TCID-50, Viral, Immunology, Vaccines
Other jobs with similar skills
Greater London | £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a QA Associate to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company that offers great career development opportunities, based in the Greater London area. As the QA Associate, you w...Science
View & Apply
Quality Systems Manager
Surrey | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Quality Systems Manager to join an exciting, early stage, Medical Device company based in the Surrey area. As the Quality Systems Manager you will be responsible for dev...Science
View & Apply