Quality Control Scientist We are currently looking for a Quality Control Scientist to join a leading gene therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the QC Scientist y... View Job
Validation Specialist Eve Hegarty at Hyper Recruitment Solutions is currently supporting a key client in their search for a Validation Specialist. Securing this role will s... View Job
Head of QC We are currently looking for a Head of QC to join an innovative Gene Therapy company based in London. As the Head of QC you will be responsible for th... View Job
Eve Hegarty at Hyper Recruitment Solutions is currently supporting a client in their search for an experienced QC Scientist. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global life sciences company based at their site in the West Lothian area.
As the QC Scientist you will be responsible for conducting a a variety of Serology and Biochemical tests and assays on blood typing reagents and related products.
The role is based within a highly successful FDA regulated facility with over 30 years experience within medical devices and antibody manufacturing. You will drive your career forward and take advantage of career development opportunities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the QC Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Perform Serology and Biochemical test activities as required to support the manufacture of blood typing reagents in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations. 2. Perform incoming Serology QC testing of production raw materials including serum products and plasma.
3. Participate in the Laboratory Stability Program for blood typing reagents.
4. Uses and maintains all laboratory equipment correctly. Accurately documents and reports all test results.
5. Perform tracking, trend analysis and technical investigation of relevant QC processes and OOS results.
6. Edit and update laboratory testing SOPs when required.
7. Seek out process improvements/cost saving opportunities for the QC laboratory.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences related discipline such as Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, etc.
2. In addition to the above, you will require prior industry experience working in a GMP/GLP manufacturing or laboratory testing industry.
3. Experience working with SOPs in a GMP/GLP environment is essential. Previous experience of working with blood typing process and serology, for example within Blood Transfusion services would be a distinct advantage.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.