Job Reference: J5631264
Updated On: 04/04/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewEve Hegarty at Hyper Recruitment Solutions is currently supporting a client in their search for an experienced QC Scientist. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global life sciences company based at their site in the West Lothian area.
As the QC Scientist you will be responsible for conducting a a variety of Serology and Biochemical tests and assays on blood typing reagents and related products.
The role is based within a highly successful FDA regulated facility with over 30 years experience within medical devices and antibody manufacturing. You will drive your career forward and take advantage of career development opportunities.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the QC Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Perform Serology and Biochemical test activities as required to support the manufacture of blood typing reagents in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations.
2. Perform incoming Serology QC testing of production raw materials including serum products and plasma.
3. Participate in the Laboratory Stability Program for blood typing reagents.
4. Uses and maintains all laboratory equipment correctly. Accurately documents and reports all test results.
5. Perform tracking, trend analysis and technical investigation of relevant QC processes and OOS results.
6. Edit and update laboratory testing SOPs when required.
7. Seek out process improvements/cost saving opportunities for the QC laboratory.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences related discipline such as Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, etc.
2. In addition to the above, you will require prior industry experience working in a GMP/GLP manufacturing or laboratory testing industry.
3. Experience working with SOPs in a GMP/GLP environment is essential. Previous experience of working with blood typing process and serology, for example within Blood Transfusion services would be a distinct advantage.
Key Words: QC Scientist | Biochemistry | Immunology | Serology | Blood Typing | ELISA | Contract Testing | contract Manufacturing
Other jobs with similar skills
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist to join a leading life science company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Technical Specialist you will be responsible for providing a technic...Science
View & Apply
Research Scientist - Pre clinical
Cambridgeshire | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Research Scientist to join a leading Life Science Research Organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Scientist you will be responsible for disease s...Science
View & Apply