Job Reference: J5636717
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Scientist - Microbiology to join a leading Biopharmaceuitcal company based in the West Sussex area. As the Quality Control Scientist - Microbiology, you will be responsible for the analytical testing source and raw materials, and environmental monitoring of the Classified Areas to support manufacturing.
This is an opportunity for a Quality Control Scientist - Microbiology with some industry experience in a GMP environment that is looking for a new challenge in a Biopharmaceutical company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Quality Control Scientist - Microbiology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Environmental monitoring of classified areas, preparation of test samples, reagents, and solutions for analysis and monitoring for production, and sampling chemicals, components and raw materials.
2. Perform routine analytical testing of finished products in accordance to standard analytical methods and weekly test schedules, whilst performing additional analysis in support of development projects.
3. Liaising with other departments, ensuring testing needs are met to specific time frames, and act as a checker for analyst methods and test results and validate in LIMS
4. Performing and report assay and production tending, and undertaking completion of tasks such as Root Cause Analysis, NC report writing or laboratory hypothesis investigations, as well as completion of laboratory logs, notebooks, and records in accordance to GMP regulatory standards.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Quality Control Scientist - Microbiology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant A levels/Science Degree, or BTEC. A degree in Microbiology is not required but would be beneficial.
2. Proven industry experience in working in a GMP regulated environment, or experience working in a similar lab-based Quality Control role
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with working in a sterile environment where COSHH safety measures were implemented. Experience in a Biopharmaceutical company would be good, and having had exposure or experience to Quality in a laboratory would be desirable.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.