Job Reference: J5636805
Status: Open to Applications
We are currently looking for a Research and Development Scientist to join a leading Medical Devices company based in the South Wales area. As the Research and Development Scientist you will be responsible for the development of different chemistry processes, focusing on the fabrication of nanofibers using electrospinning.
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate with experienced laboratory skills to grow in a research and development environment in accordance to specific SOPs, and to have the opportunity to be provided various training courses to ensure appropriate personal development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Research and Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Define and conducting experiments focusing on the fabrication of nanofibers using a free surface electrospinning process, and keeping up to date with technical developments to improve performance of tested products.
2. Organisation of chemical substances, fluids, and gasses through filling COSHH forms, ensuring the safety of yourself and others is constantly maintained.
3. Recording test and result data with high level of accuracy, writing reports, and effectively communicating results with the Technical Director.
4. Responsible for the laboratory stock and equipment, ensuring its maintained through labelling, re-stocking, cleaning, and storing.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research and Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Chemistry, or Materials Engineering, or something similarly related.
2. Proven experience working in laboratories, weather that be in university settings or in a place of work.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with standard chemistry techniques and methods of analysis. Experience in electrospinning is desirable, but not a requirement.
Key Words: Chemistry | Materials Engineering | Graduate | R&D | Research | Development | Scientist | Analytical | Materials | Chemical Engineering |
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Medical Device
Skills: Graduates - Materials Chemistry, Engineering - Medical Devices, Graduates - Chemistry, Graduates - Chemical Engineering, Engineering - Materials