Senior Scientist - Pilot Plant
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist Pilot Plant to join a leading company based in the Berkshire area. As the Senior Scientist Pilot Plant... View Job
Research Associate in Drug Discovery
An exciting Biotechnology company in Cambridgeshire is looking for a Research Associate experienced in Antibody Engineering to join their Drug Discove... View Job
Research Associate - Protein Sciences
An exciting opportunity for a Research Associate to join the Protein Sciences team within an exciting biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshir... View Job
We are currently looking for a Research Associate - Mammalian Cell Culture to join an innovative biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Associate - Mammalian Cell Culture you will be responsible for transient and stable expression of recombinant proteins in mammalian cell lines at various lab scale.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Associate - Mammalian Cell Culture will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Perform lab-scale transient expression of fusion proteins and antibodies in mammalian cell systems (HEK293 and CHO) in a timely manner.
2. Generate stable pool material, including transfection and marker selection of CHO cells. Maintain, expand and cryopreserve cell banks.
3. Utilise understanding of recombinant protein expression to make proactive recommendations based on comprehensive interpretation of results.
4. Ability to work in several steps of our protein production process (upstream and downstream).
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Associate - Mammalian Cell Culture we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Scientific discipline such as Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemical Engineering or similar.
2. Proven industry experience in mammalian cell culture is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with molecular biology, protein purification (using AKTA system) and basic protein characterisation (SE-HPLC, SDS-PAGE, endotoxin level testing etc.) is highly desirable.
Key Words: Mammalian | Cell Culture | Upstream | Downstream | Research Assistant | Molecular Biology | Cell Biology | Antibody | Protein | AKTA | CHO | HEK |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.