Research Scientist We are currently looking for a Research Scientist to join a leading contract research organisation based in the Northamptonshire area. As the Research... View Job
Scientist We are currently looking for a Scientist to join the Biopotency and Immunoassay Team in a leading Biotechnology company based in the Berkshire area. A... View Job
Laboratory Technician We are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician to join a world renowned CRO based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Laboratory Technician, you ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Research Assistant in Cell Biology to join a clinical-stage biotechnology company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Research Assistant, you will be joining the Cell Biology group and will be required to support challenging and rewarding research projects within cell and gene therapy.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Assistant in Cell Biology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be involved with performing routine cell culture and in vitro cell-based assays. You may also be involved in the performance of routine analytical tests in development studies.
2. Through regular 1-2-1 meeting with a Scientific Director, you will be supported to shape your own career development path through goal setting, networking and feedback.
3. You will be well organised and be enthusiastic about performing your work at the highest level with integrity.
4. After appropriate training, you will be encouraged to support additional high-priority projects to meet deadlines from time-to-time.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Assistant we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant MSc/MRes degree in a relevant biological discipline or a BSc plus experience is essential.
2. Previous experience in performing cell culture techniques and ELISA throughput is preferred. Experience in using some form of data analysis/graphing software would also be preferred.
3. A working knowledge of aseptic cell culture techniques, ELISA, enzyme activity assays, cell-based assays and other plate-based assays is required. Further knowledge of transduction and transfection assays would be highly beneficial.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.