Job Reference: J5632480
Updated On: 25/03/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Research Leader within computational chemistry to join a leading drug discovery CRO based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Leader you will be responsible for acting as a scientific leader within the CADD team.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Research Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Research Leader within the CADD team you will be responsible for overseeing the direction and strategy of various projects whilst providing computational chemistry expertise when required.
2. You will organise the delivery of objectives, management of resources and finances within all stand alone CADD projects.
3. As a Research Leader you will contribute towards the business development activities by creating proposals and presenting to potential clients.
4. You will provide broad scientific leadership across different departments whilst keeping up with trends of new technologies that you can implement within the company to develop their drug discovery process.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Leader (CADD) we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Molecular modelling or another related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in computational chemistry within a drug discovery environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with structure and ligand based drug design using commercial modelling software and pipelining tools.
4. The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, whilst working to strict deadlines to deliver client objectives - therefore strong communication and presentation skills are essential.
Key Words: Research Lead, Computational Chemistry, CADD, Molecular modelling, Drug design, Modelling, Simulations, Schrödinger, Analysis, CRO, Drug discovery, Technology
Other jobs with similar skills
Principal Computational Chemist
Hertfordhsire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Principal Computational Chemist to join a leading drug discovery CRO company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Principal Computational Chemist you will be responsi...Science
View & Apply
Senior Computational Chemist
Nottinghamshire | £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Computational Chemist to join a leading CRO based in the Nottinghamshire area. As the Senior Computational Chemist you will be responsible for computational chemi...Science
View & Apply
Senior Informatics Platform Programmer
Cambridgeshire | £50,000 - £80,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Informatics Platform Programmer to join a leading bio company based in the Cambridgeshire area focusing on personalised medicine. As the Senior Informatics Platfo...Science
View & Apply