Job Reference: J5632870
Updated On: 31/01/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Research Leader - Medicinal Chemistry
Role OverviewAre you an experienced senior synthetic chemist or research leader looking for the next step up in your career?
We are currently looking for Research Leader to join a leading drug discovery company based in the Cheshire area.
As the Research Leader you will be responsible for driving the medicinal chemistry programmes and / or synthetic organic chemistry projects.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Research Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. The Research Leader will lead by example being a role model for scientific excellence and innovation within the company. You will have the ability to coach and mentor more junior scientists providing scientific input and to articulate the vision of the team internally and externally. Your responsibility will also include overseeing a number of scientific projects, providing meaningful practical support to aid in successfully achieving the project objectives ensuring its being kept to budget. Upon project completion you will conduct and share learnings with internal and external stakeholders.
2. You will have the aptitude to lead an area of science or technology in order to positively influence project direction and strategy as well as enhance the company's medicinal chemistry, synthetic and manufacturing capabilities. You will have an in-depth knowledge of synthetic methodology and reaction mechanisms as well as a thorough understanding of analytical techniques to support. You will have a pro-active and positive problem-solving mind set.
3. In conjunction with the section heads, you will define objectives for the Principal Research Scientists and lead / coach the groups so that their goals are achieved. Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting the scientists' growth by mentoring, training and coaching when necessary.
4. As a Research Leader group you will set, monitor and report to the site directors, Key Performance Indicators to assist with continuous improvement and delivering on customer’s projects. You will also be responsible for maintaining and promoting data quality and integrity across research, development and manufacturing activities.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A degree in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry is essential (PhD ideally) along with clear, demonstrable and relevant industrial experience.
2. You will need to have excellent management, team-working and communication skills as well as the ability to lead a team.
3. You will also need to have the ability to work in deadlines in a pro-active way and a high level of self motivation.
Other jobs with similar skills
Kent | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced senior synthetic chemist or research leader looking for the next step up in your career? We are currently looking for Research Leader to join a leading drug discovery compan...Science
View & Apply
Synthetic Organic Chemist
Berkshire, Berkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Synthetic Organic Chemist you will be responsible for responsible ...Science
View & Apply