Job Reference: J5631817
Updated On: 12/08/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Research Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area on an initial 6 month contract basis. As the Research Scientist you will be taking on an exciting new position within the Antibody Discovery group.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesKEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be work with cloning for the rapid expression of proteins and assays to determine a range of characteristics and functions.
2. You will be using a range of Molecular Biolgy, Protein Biochemistry and Biophysical techniques to support the Drug Discovery team including Fluorescence assays, ELISA and Surface Plasmon Resonance.
3. You will support the team and wider business function for delivering new and innovative Drug Discovery platforms.
4. You will be responsible for working collaboratively with other research groups to build a professional network of scientists.
Role RequirementsROLE REQUIREMENTS:
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Scientific discipline e.g. Biochemistry
2. Proven experience in an Industry environment working with Cloning techniques and working with Mammalian and Bacterial expression systems.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of techniques including Fluorescence assays and Surface Plasmon Resonance.
Key Words: Antibody / Antibodies / Molecular Biology / Protein Chemistry / Cell Biology / Biochemical /. Biophysical / SPR / Surface Plasmon Resonance / ELISA / FRET / High Throughput / HTS / Screening / DNA Synthesis / Absorbance / Alpha Screen / Cloning / Bacterial / Mammalian / Expression / Discovery Technology / Discovery Platform
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Other jobs with similar skills
Berkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Research Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area on a 12 month contract basis. As the Research Scientist you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply
Edinburgh, Mid Lothian | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Edinburgh area. This new role of Project Manager will report directly to the Head of Project Del...Science
View & Apply