Job Reference: J5633670
Updated On: 21/08/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are currently looking for a Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays you will be responsible for developing and optimising assays to characterise bacterial isolates. This is a great opportunity for either someone with a PhD and/or Post Doc in the microbiology field or similar, or someone with a BSc/MSc but several years R&D experience in microbiology in a industrial setting. This will be an initial 12 month FTC.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will develop and optimise microbiological assays to characterise bacterial products. Your will be focused on anaerobic bacteria.
2. You will also develop new and existing high throughput bacterial screening (HTS) assays.
3. Act as the expert in microbiology to support other departments.
4. You will support junior member's of the team and provide training and support.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology etc.
2. Proven industry experience in microbiology related projects ideally in a drug discovery.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with high throughput screening assays to characterise bacterial products.
Key Words: Research Scientist / Microbiology / Bacteria / Assay Development / Drug Discovery / HTS / HTP / High Throughput Assays / Biopharmaceutical
Other jobs with similar skills
Cell Therapy Manufacturing Technologist
Hertfordshire | £25,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Cell Therapy Manufacturing Technologist to join a rapidly expanding Therapeutics company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Cell Therapy Manufacturing Associate you...Science
View & Apply
Field Application Specialist - Cell Biology
Teddington, Middlesex | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
HRS are currently looking for a motivated Field Application Specialist to join a leading Life Science Provider. As the Field Application Specialist you will be responsible for building relationships, ...Science
View & Apply
Senior Scientist - Protein and Enzyme Drug Discovery
Belfast | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist with experience of Protein Drug Discovery to join a leading Pharmaceutical company who focus on research driven drug discovery based in the Belfast area...Science
View & Apply