Study Scientist We are currently looking for a Senior Study Scientist to join a leading Research Organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Study Sc... View Job
Immunoassay Research Scientist We are currently looking for a Immunoassay Research Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. As the Immunoas... View Job
Research Scientist- Immunology We are currently looking for a Research Scientist - Immunology to join a leading Therapeutics Research company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As th... View Job
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Research Scientist - Molecular Microbiology has become available in the Cambridgeshire area to join an innovative new Biotherapeutic company aimed at developing novel live bacterial therapeutics through the study of the human Microbiome. As the Molecular Microbiologist you will be responsible for the Method Development and Process Implementation to support the isolation and identification of therapeutic bacteria in a state-of-the-art facility.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Scientist - Molecular Microbiology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will develop a variety methods for the identification and isolation of novel Gut Microbiome Bacteria as well as techniques for analysis including but not limited to Cell Culture, DNA extraction, PCR, genomic analysis.
2. You will work with clinical samples to create a biobank of novel culture collections and will be involved in the NGS library preparation for genomic analysis through Next Generation Sequencing, specifically using a MiSeq Platform.
3. You will work in a flexible, research focused environment with a strong clinical aim. You will work in collaboration with a range of scientist in an innovative setting where you will make a visible impact on the development of novel therapeutics.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Scientist - Molecular Microbiology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD or equivalent experience in a research focused field, ideally within Molecular Biology or Microbiology.
2. Proven industry experience in molecular microbiology laboratory with extensive experience in microbial culturing and core molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid isolation, PCR and genomic analysis e.g. NGS.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the human gut microbiome / gastrointestinal microbiota would be a benefit to your application.
Key Words: Molecular Microbiology | Research Microbiology | Bacterial Cell Culture | Human Gut Microbiome | Gastrointestinal Microbiota | Live Bacterial Therapeutics | Biotherapeutics | Genomics | Molecular Biology | NGS | Next Generation Sequencing | MiSeq | BioBanking | Co-culturing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.