J5631112CambridgeshirePharmaceutical Biotechnology Science Permanent£30,000 to £35,000 per annumFull Time12/03/2019Animal Technician Pharmacology Pharmacology – In vivo Animal Husbandry
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Chief Animal Technician We are currently looking for a Chief Animal Technician to join a growing life sciences company. This role will be based in Dundee. Our client works in... View Job
In vivo Group Leader We are currently looking for a In vivo Group Leader to join a leading Microbiology Therapeutic Research company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As t... View Job
Senior Dermal Scientist Are you an experienced senior dermal scientist looking for a new exciting job opportunity?We are currently looking for a Senior Dermal Scientist to jo... View Job
We are currently looking for a Research Scientist in vivo to join a leading Microbiology Therapeutic Research organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Scientist in vivo you will contribute towards the development of a new class of medicines with this growing biotech company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Scientist in vivo will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform licensed procedures and carry out collection and processing of samples and tissues.
2. As the Research Scientist, you will perform dosing of animals and work with the mice as model organisms for novel therapeutic purposes.
3. Carrying out the testing of novel live bacterial therapeutics for C.difficile and IBD.
4. You will contribute to the development of novel disease models in the above areas in addition to others.
5. You will be vital in the development of novel therapeutics for multiple diseases comprising live bacteria.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Scientist in vivo we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences field (e.g. Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry etc.) in addition to laboratory experience.
2. Proven industry experience of in vivo studies with mice as a model organism. These studies would ideally be focused in disease biology or the testing of novel therapeutics.
3. Holder of a Personal Home Office Licence and proven industry experience in an animal facility with knowledge of the relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Key Words: Biology | in vivo studies | Drug Discovery | Microbial genetics | Home Office Licence | Disease Models | Microbiome | Technician
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.