Job Reference: J5631112
Updated On: 07/05/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Research Scientist in vivo to join a leading Microbiology Therapeutic Research organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Scientist in vivo you will contribute towards the development of a new class of medicines with this growing biotech company.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Research Scientist in vivo will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform licensed procedures and carry out collection and processing of samples and tissues.
2. As the Research Scientist, you will perform dosing of animals and work with the mice as model organisms for novel therapeutic purposes.
3. Carrying out the testing of novel live bacterial therapeutics for C.difficile and IBD.
4. You will contribute to the development of novel disease models in the above areas in addition to others.
5. You will be vital in the development of novel therapeutics for multiple diseases comprising live bacteria.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the in vivo Research Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences field (e.g. Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry etc.) in addition to laboratory experience.
2. Proven industry experience of in vivo studies with mice as a model organism. These studies would ideally be focused in disease biology or the testing of novel therapeutics.
3. Holder of a Personal Home Office Licence and proven industry experience in an animal facility with knowledge of the relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Key Words: Biology | in vivo studies | Drug Discovery | Microbial genetics | Home Office Licence | Disease Models | Microbiome | Technician
Other jobs with similar skills
Macclesfield | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced Principal Scientist who holds a Home Office Project License, looking to take your next steps with a growing CRO? We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist to join a ...Science
View & Apply
Berkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Research Associate to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area on a 12 month contract basis. As the Research Associate you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply