Job Reference: J5634563
Updated On: 27/05/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are currently looking for a Researcher in Mass Spectrometry to join a leading Mass Spec facility based in the South West London area. As the Researcher in Mass Spectrometry you will be responsible for performing characterisation work on large molecules focused on proteins. This is a great opportunity for a PhD / Post-Doc / Scientist with extensive experience on Mass Spec.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Researcher in Mass Spectrometry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will develop and carry out analytical method development in support of both manufacturing and R&D departments. The main techniques will be QQQ, QToF, Orbitrap, IMS-MS, nano-LC, UHPLC, GC.
2. Liaising with internal and external teams to support the development of sample clean up/ chromatogrpahic/mass spectometry based approached.
3. As the Researcher in Mass Spectrometry, you will also develop junior mass spec researchers.
4. You will maintain the analytical equipment to ensure that the analytical services team is able to function at peak efficiency.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Researcher in Mass Spectrometry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life science discipline, including Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry etc. PhD is preferred.
2. Proven experience using mass spec instrumentation including QQQ, QToF, Orbitrap, IMS-MS, nano-LC, UHPLC, GC for protein biomarker identification.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience protein quantification.
Key Words: Biological | Biopharma | Protein | Antibodies | Analytical | Bioanalytical | Analysis | R+D | Research | Characterisation | Development | Biochemistry | Life Science | LCMS | QQQ QToF Orbitrap IMS-MS nano-LC UHPLC GC
Other jobs with similar skills
Scientist - Proteomics
Cheshire | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
HRS are currently looking for a Scientist - Proteomics with extensive hand on experience of LC-MS/MS to join and innovative Biotechnology company based in the North West of the UK. As the Scientist -...Science
View & Apply
QC Method Validation Manager
London | £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a QC Method Validation Manager to join a leading Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the QC Method Validation Manager you will be responsible for the validat...Science
View & Apply