Job Reference: J5631944
Updated On: 02/10/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
RF Optical Transceiver Engineer
Role OverviewAre you an experience RF Optical Design Engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity?
We are currently looking for a RF Optical Transceiver Engineer to join an expanding company based in the Lothians.
As the RF Optical Transceiver Engineer you will have responsibility for the high frequency design of packages and electronics for fibre optic transceiver modules.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the RF Optical Transceiver Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Perform full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and qualification) and design optical integrated circuit systems and components that meet the needs and requirements of the client's customers.
2. You will be responsible for producing outline designs, new concepts as well as conduct experiments methodically. This will include analysing data and interpreting results.
3. Additionally, as the RF Design Engineer, you will test and evaluate theoretical designs and transfer processes into volume foundry partners and support with qualification and ramp.
4. Finally, you will evaluate the final product's overall performance, reliability and safety. You will alter and modify designs to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the RF Optical Transceiver Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Masters or PhD in Physics or Engineering as well as experience and understanding of transceiver metrics for example eye margin, BER and dispersion penalty.
2. You must have a solid technical background in optical transceiver design and test, electro optic testing and be familiar with transceiver design software tools such as HFSS, ADS or SPICE.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with mathematical computing and analysis tools (Matlan, Python, Visual Basic or C) would be advantageous.
Key Words: Optical Design and Development Engineer | RF Development Engineer | Radio Frequency | Photonics | Laser Engineering | Telecoms | Physics | Optics | Research and Development | Laser Inscription | Transceiver
Other jobs with similar skills
Optical R&D Engineer
Livingston, West Lothian | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced Optical Design and Development Engineer looking for a new exciting opportunity? We are currently looking for an Optical Development Engineer to join a leading company based i...Science
View & Apply
Head of Engineering
Co Roscommon. | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager keen to take a step into a more senior role? We currently have a Head of Engineering role available which would be well suited for someone ready to take this...Science
View & Apply