Job Reference: J5631604
Updated On: 31/05/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Safety Specialist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Suffolk area. As the Safety Specialist you will be responsible for oversee high hazard activities at the site and ensure the safe systems of work and emergency procedures are in place to manage these in compliance with company standards and the UK legal framework.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Safety Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for coordinating the permit to work (PTW) programme, whilst Issue work permits for engineering works deemed to be hazardous.
2. You will support in developing internal safety policies, strategies and communications.
3. As the Safety Specialist, you will manage the contractor safety programme from induction, through to contract performance review.
4. You will act as subject matter expert on all asbestos related activities and manage the emergency response and incident management programme.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Safety Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science, Engineering, HSE related discipline, or equivalent such as NEBOSH.
2. Proven industry experience related to Health and Safety in a highly regulated environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with legislations relating to engineering practices and associated hazards.
Key Words: HSE | Health | Safety | Environment | Advisor | NEBOSH | Strategic | Implementation| IOSH | Regulations | Legislations | Safety Specialist | Engineering |
Other jobs with similar skills
Oxfordshire | £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a HSE Advisor to join a leading chemical manufacturing company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the HSE Advisor you will be responsible for ensuring that Health, Safety a...Science
View & Apply
Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Shift Manager to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Manufacturing Shift Manager you will be responsible for dir...Science
View & Apply