Job Reference: J5633910
Updated On: 30/10/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a SAS Programmer to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area. They strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for them you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesMajor Accountabilities
• Supports Statistical programming activities in Real World Evidence.
• Provides input on study design and analysis plans where necessary.
• Reviews the study concept, protocol design, analysis plans and other study-related documents.
• Evaluates the quality of the database.
• Develops, validates, maintains, and documents analysis programs, tables, charts and associated metadata following UCB standard working practices.
• Ensures that statistical outputs are produced in an efficient manner.
Role RequirementsSpecific skills
• Advanced statistical programming skills in SAS to solve complex programming tasks.
• Good study design and epidemiological and statistical analysis experience, including understanding of drug development, observational and epidemiological endpoints and assessments.
• Knowledge of efficient programming with large databases
• Knowledge of matching algorithms such as propensity score matching is a plus
• Knowledge of large medical records or health claims databases such as CPRD or IBM MarketScan
• Advanced knowledge of statistical and epidemiological methods
• Knowledge of R is a plus
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Experience in communicating with all levels of personnel across various departments, in domestic and international environments.
• Good command of English, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated experience in participating in collaborative work teams at local and global levels.
• Good project management skills including experience in managing multiple tasks concurrently.
• Ability to work under pressure and without close supervision.
• 5+ years experience in SAS programming
• 2+ years experience in Real World Evidence, Epidemiology, or Health Outcomes environment
• 2+ years experience with large health care databases such as CPRD or IBM MarketScan
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Capital Projects Engineer
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Capital Projects Engineer looking for an exciting new job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Senior Capital Projects Engineer to join a leading pharmaceutical compa...Science
View & Apply
Technical Specialist - Production Engineering
Hertfordshire | £42,000 - £47,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist - Production Engineering to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Technical Specialist - Production Engin...Science
View & Apply
Senior Upstream Process Scientist
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Process Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Senior Upstream Process Scientist you will be responsib...Science
View & Apply