J3727BerkshireBiotechnology CRO/CMO Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time28/03/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing
Biochemistry – Development / Validation
Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing
Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Multiple vacancies for Biotechnologists to join a leading Biotechnology company based in Berkshire. As the Biotechnologist you will be part of the man... View Job
Cell Line Development Scientist
We are currently looking for a Cell Line Development Scientist to join an exciting Life Sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Cell... View Job
Process Transfer Engineer
We are currently looking for a Process Transfer Engineer to join the manufacturing science and technology team within a global Life Sciences business ... View Job
An amazing opportunity for a Science Leader to join a new Media Development team within a global Life Sciences business based in the Berkshire area. As the Science Leader in Media Development you will be responsible for setting up a brand new media development laboratory and building a team, you will the first recruit within this team and will be given responsibility to drive this project forward.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Science Leader - Media Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for setting up the new laboratory, that will be fit for purpose and able offer bespoke media development projects, along with building and growing the Media Development team over time.
2. Work closely with business development and technical leaders from the other service areas to understand and evaluate projects aligned to improve bottom line Business Unit results.
3. Provide scientific and technical guidance to develop new media (including powdered media).
4. Drive, lead and develop the Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology technical approach to media development in order to ensure that Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology stays ahead of the curve.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Science Leader - Media Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and ideally a PhD in a Life Science related discipline such as cell biology, biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, biochemical engineering etc. along with extensive industry experience working on media development projects for biopharmaceutical production.
2. Proven industry experience in a GMP environment, demonstrating management and team development experience.
3. An extensive working knowledge and practical experience with media chemistry, cell biology, clone selection and upstream processing.
Key Words: Science Leader | Media Development | CHO | Mammalian | Upstream Processing | Biopharmaceutical | Antibodies | Antibody | Proteins | Cell Media | New Lab | New Team |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.