Job Reference: J5635609
Updated On: 25/10/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Scientific Learning Content Design and Delivery Specialist
Sectors: Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, Contract Research Organisation, Contract Manufacturing Organisation, Contract Testing Organisation, Medical, Life Sciences, Cell & Gene Therapy, Bioprocessing, Animal Health, Science, Genomics, Drug Discovery
Skills: Misc - L&D / Training
Skills: Misc - L&D / Training
Role OverviewWe have a brand new and unique opportunity for a Scientific Learning Content Design and Delivery Specialist to join a growing life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area.
The Scientific Learning Content Design and Delivery specialist works with subject matter experts (SMEs) and the Skills Team to design and deliver curricula and individual training programmes. The role holder is responsible for creating comprehensive learning curricula which address the sector’s needs. They will also be responsible for creating effective, engaging learner journeys and learning programmes including Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Lab skills, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Upstream and Downstream processing, analytics and more. Many of the programmes will be delivered face-to-face in labs but you will also need to be able to create online content for blended learning solutions.
The position requires excellent learning design skills, stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills as well as creative thinking to deliver a programme which will meet industry needs. Core skills of learning design (classroom, lab and online) and programme facilitation will be required.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesAs a Scientific Learning Content Design and Delivery specialist, you will work closely with the Lead Scientists, Training Leads, Heads of Departments, group Directors, SMEs and the Skills and Training Lab (STL) staff to ensure the successful delivery of a training curriculum which meets industry’s needs. You will have responsibility for:
1. Liaising with industry representatives to understand their needs.
2. Supporting the Skills Programme Lead and Head of Skills by creating curricula and learning solutions that meet needs and expectations and with networks of training providers and education establishments to develop impactful programmes across the skills and training ecosystem and relevant academic, vocational and professional development programmes.
3. Designing face-to-face training programmes for classrooms and labs and online learning content which supports or replaces face-to-face delivery. You will also review and adapt in-house training material.
4. Supporting the Skills Team in the generation of documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Translating content from SMEs into effective learning content.
5. Managing multiple design projects with varied stakeholders to timelines.
6. Collaborating with other internal and external stakeholders to generate high quality, engaging content that is target audience-specific. Reviewing and improving the effectiveness of learning solutions using relevant insights, data and metrics.
7. Initially delivering programmes in-person or in collaboration with relevant SMEs and then facilitating ‘train the trainer’ sessions to grow a pool of trainers.
8. Continuously reviewing and collecting feedback on the relevance and impact of the training portfolio and incorporating forecasts to improve future course provision.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientific Learning Content Design and Delivery Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences focussed discipline, plus an additional qualification in instructional or learning design.
2. Proven industry experience delivering scientific training, plus evidence of CPD in designed and delivering training programmes, and e-learning and blended learning programmes.
3. Experience working in a development, scale up or GMP manufacturing role would be an advantage.
Other jobs with similar skills
Head of Training
Hertfordshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Head of Training to join a leading life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Head of Training you will be responsible for defining and leading the de...Science
View & Apply
Loughton, Essex | Experience Dependent
Here at Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS) we change lives! We don't just put people into jobs, we work with a community which creates life-saving drugs and life-changing technologies, which make a dif...Science
View & Apply