Project Manager - Biotech We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a growing life sciences company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Project Manager you will ... View Job
QC Project Manager - Life Sciences We are currently have a brand new and exciting opportunity for a QC Project Manager to join a leading life sciences company based in the Berkshire are... View Job
Project Manager - Pharmaceuticals We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join a leading life sciences and pharmaceutical company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Proj... View Job
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently searching for a Scientific Programme Manager - Scotland & North of England to join a innovative biopharmaceutical company. The company headquarters are based in London, but this Scientific Project Manager will be based in a geographical area covering Scotland & North of England.
Our client were established in 2012 as an independent centre of excellence to advance the growth of the UK cell and gene therapy industry, by bridging the gap between scientific research and full-scale commercialisation.
Your role as the Scientific Programme Manager - Scotland & North of England you will oversee projects covering system development and infrastructure to support the delivery of cell and gene therapies, including final manufacture and supply, clinical trial capability, R & D approval, specialist clinician availability and support services.
This will be a highly visible role across the wider company and will be able to impact substantially on the future success of the business. The Scientific Programme Manager will be high profile, both within the organisation and outward facing to clients. It is an excellent opportunity for you to further develop your skills and expertise across the entire sector. The role will be high energy and cover a full range of activities across product development, manufacturing, clinical, regulatory and industrial liaison. We are therefore looking for high calibre individuals who are passionate about helping to develop a sustainable cell and gene therapy sector in the UK and who want to play a pivotal role in delivering new therapies to the clinic.
Please note this is a fixed term contract, finishing the End of March 2021.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position of Scientific Programme Manager is one of multidisciplinary and pan-Centre programme management, highly visible to the operational and executive management teams. You will work collaboratively, generating project plans and budgets, and delivering upon these structured development programmes.
A successful candidate will take full responsibility for the day to day management of the assigned projects, and in addition, will: -
1. Develop detailed work breakdown structures and project plans to ensure delivery of agreed outcomes, working closely with all collaborators and senior management teams.
2. Identify appropriate knowledge resource internally and externally to the to generate coherent project plans.
3. Work closely with Centre leads and partners (internal and external) and other key stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of project outputs to schedule and within budget.
4. Set budgets for programmes and agree costs with relevant senior managers.
5. Identify and coordinate suitable resource to deliver on projects.
6. High level of communication to all stakeholders; within project team, the executive and operational groups, collaborators and key stakeholders.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientific Programme Manager - Scotland & North of England we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or higher in a relevant life sciences or chemistry degree.
2. Experience of project management through working in either: biotech, biopharma, CMO, CRO, clinical trials, supply chain and the NHS sector. Substantial programme management experience in one or a number of the following would be advantageous; clinical trial, supply chain development, IT projects delivered under GAMP5 would be advantageous.
3. This role will involve significant travel within the UK, therefore a flexible approach to working away from home will be expected.
Key Words: Project Manager, cell and gene therapies, clinical trial, R & D, Clinical supplies, biotechnology.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.