J56247CambridgeshireScience PermanentDependent on ExperienceFull Time12/06/2018Bioanalytical Drug Safety
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Bioanalysis Scientist Are you an experienced bioanalysis scientist looking for a new exciting job opportunity?We are currently looking for a Bioanalysis Scientist to join a... View Job
Inside Sales Account Manager We are currently looking for an Inside Sales Account Manager to join a leading company who design, develop, manufacture and market Genomics and Molecu... View Job
Biotechnologist A number of opportunities have become available for Manufacturing Biotechnologists to join a world leading Biotechnology company based in the Middlesb... View Job
Are you an experienced analytical scientist looking for a new opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Scientist - Animal Sport Screening to join a successful leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area.
As the Scientist - Animal Sport Screening you will be responsible for working within the company's Sport and Specialised Analytical department, providing a range of analytical services including animal sports doping control, nutritional supplement analysis, drug monitoring and bespoke contract research.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Analytical Scientist - Animal Sports Screening will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for routine analysing of blood, urine and hair samples from animal athletes for the presence of steriods and other prohibited at all times' substances using analytical techniques such as chromatography and mass spectrometry - mainly GCMS, LCMS/MS and ICP-MS.
2. You will take responsibility for making key scientific decisions and judgement based on the results you have received.
3. You will be expected to contribute to troubleshooting, method development/validation and may also be expected to supervise and train other Scientists.
4. You will be expected to work under ISO17025 laboratory guidelines.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist - Animal Sports Screening we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a chemistry or biochemistry related discipline.
2. Prior hands on experience in LCMS and/or GCMS, including the ability to troubleshoot, develop and validate methods.
3. You will be expected to demonstrate a flexible approach to working, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with other staff and customers/clients.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.