J3929CambridgeshirePharmaceutical PermanentCompetitiveFull Time18/05/2017Biochemistry – Development / Validation
Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology
Pre Clinical Research
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Technical Expert - Assay Validation
We currently have an excellent opportunity available for a Technical Expert in Assay Validation to join a growing pharmaceutical company based in the ... View Job
Bioanalytical Science Manager
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Bioanalytical Science Manager to join a global life sciences company based in the Berkshire ... View Job
Team Leader - Bioassay
We have an exciting opportunity for a for a Team Leader in Bioassay to join a global life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Te... View Job
We currently have an excellent opportunity available for a Scientist with experience of Assay Development to join a growing biotech company based in the Cambridge area.
As the Scientist - Assay Development you will be responsible for designing, developing and optimising in vitro biological assays to support the development of novel biopharmaceuticals.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Scientist - Assay Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. To lead experiments involving the development of controlled methods for pre-clinical analytics (e.g. PK assays), drug candidate characterisation and clinical release assays. This will include PK assays, cell biology; immuno assays, flow cytometry, in vitro immune cell activation assays; ADCC, CDC, ADCP; cell culture; analysis and purification of primary murine and human immune cells and immunological phenotyping.
2. To lead assay development projects involving cross-functional teams, independently design and execute project goals, plans and milestones in alignment with established programme strategy.
3. Read scientific literature and keep up with the new trends and techniques related to role.
4. Support best practice and keep up to date with regulatory guidelines with a view to transferring methods into a regulated environment to be used under GLP and GMP regulations.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientist - Assay Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD or equivalent in a biological subject with relevant focus on biochemistry or cell biology, or equivalent industry experience.
2. Proficiency in most of the following: PK assays, cell biology; immuno assays, flow cytometry, in vitro immune cell activation assays; ADCC, CDC, ADCP; cell culture; analysis and purification of primary murine and human immune cells and immunological phenotyping. You will also need to demonstrate experience developing and optimising these assays.
3. A good track record of research outputs (publications, posters, patents or project milestones) and well informed about the latest technological and scientific advances in the field.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.